January 13, 2011

The First Snow of 2011

Ah, well winter is definitely here. And today, I've been sitting recovering from shoveling and snow blowing all day yesterday. So I figured, what better way to spend my time than to try out some new features in Lightroom, and edit a lot of the photos I took today and yesterday, all while having the heating pad on my back! Both days were absolutely beautiful for some winter photos. Granted trudging through 18 inches of snow was hard, but the end product was well worth the soaking wet boots. Yesterday after the snow subsided, it was so peaceful and quiet out in the woods. And today, the birds were chirping bouncing from tree to tree, and in some instances, loosening up enough snow to almost come down on me. I love the white snow and the blue sky. Something about the fresh snow that makes the sky look that much more blue.

Anyways, enjoy the photos! And stay warm too!

























1 comment:

jade said...

very nice! you always have a way of capturing the calm and quiet of the snow. really nice. my faves are ...
17,12,6,3
8 is my favorite favorite!