September 13, 2009

Warwick and a Flashlight

I know I know, I missed last week, but...well...I have no excuse. Oh well... So this weekend I took a trip down to Warwick. I've been meaning to take some pictures at the Pontiac Mill. I had some success until I got to the gate that said "Beware of Dog". Had there not been a sign, I would have been a little more rebellious, but I didn't want to take a chance with a dog. So I took a few shots, then traveled to the Aldrich Mansion...which was gated off, so I went to the Warwick Neck Lighthouse...which was gated off, and then proceeded to Cominicut Point Park, which wasn't gated! So success there. And the past few nights, I've been playing with my flash light so I hope you enjoy those photos as well.

Keep your eyes open because I've recently enrolled in another black and white photo class to refresh myself on the dark room process and all the chemicals and such, so I'll be posting those as soon as I start printing.

Also, you can go see some of my black and white work at Petit Managé, 129 Weybosset St. in downtown Providence. They got crepes, paninis, and smoothies. All very good. And in December through February, I'll be displaying at the BankRI gallery at One Turks Head Place, in downtown Providence.

As always, some of the photos are available to buy, and enjoy!



The Pontiac Mill on the Pawtuxet River...I wouldn't want to go swimming in that...


View from the Warwick City Park beach

At Cominicut Point Park

And back at the Warwick Park

Ummm...who wears rain boots? apparently my neighbor...

Warwick Neck Lighthouse...Good thing I'm tall because I held the camera over the gate on that one.

Cominicut Point again



Steph's artistic light work

Ahhh...Palm tree...

iPhone...needs work I think

The best one out of the bunch if I do say so myself

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the flash light shots, love them!

jade said...

i love the mill one warwick002. very beautiful. and the flashlights are fun!