October 13, 2009

World War II Planes

Well this past weekend was a working one, so I didn't have much time to shoot while I was in Maine...ok so maybe I did shoot but certainly not a camera. My dad took my mom and I on a shooting lesson, which was awesome! But anyways, this post is for the gear heads and WWII buffs. Last Tuesday, three WWII planes landed at the North Central Airport in Lincoln, and I got to explore some of these awesome beasts. The "Wings of Freedom" planes included the B-17, B-24, and the P-51...and I don't really know what that means... Anyways, being that my grandfather was in WWII, it was even more personal to me just to know that these were the kinds of planes that supported him and the Army.

So enjoy the planes, and keep your eye out for more b&w photos later this week.


The P-51, "Betty Jane", in between the props of the B-17 "Nine O Nine"


Bomb count of the B-24, "Witchcraft"


I could only imagine being the gunner in the front. Gives a whole new meaning to "shotgun"


Walking the plank through the bomb bays

Also forgotten..."Warning: Explosives"

Betty Jane flying past the newer Cessnas

I wish I knew how to fly this bad boy!


One WWII Vet, I overheard him telling some stories


Can you see me?





I love this one "You'll get a bang out of this one"

1 comment:

jade said...

nice shots... i love old planes! My fav here is the B17. I love photo 01, 04, 06. I love the cropping job.