January 6, 2010

Maine Winter Hunting Trip

OK, here's my disclaimer. There are some dead birds in some of these shots (no pun intended). There's also some shot guns. We do eat the birds, so it's not wasteful....Ok so that's the end of that. I've fallen way behind on posts and hope to catch up tonight and tomorrow. That and I haven't taken many pictures since Christmas and I don't think everyone wants to see my family photos. There photos were taken when my dad, Steph's step-dad Denis, Bandit and I went up north to do a couple of days of hunting. I think we would definitely fall into the category of crazy because we went after it snowed about 8 inches a day before we got up there. Bandit did not stop, he was tracking and sniffing out the birds and retrieved them. Between the 3 of us we got 14 out of 18 birds. And surprisingly we weren't that cold. I think I shot more with my camera though. You'll have to excuse the shots from the back, because I didn't want to get in front of Dad and Denis when their shooting. So enjoy!


He never stopped running around in the snow!


Bandit found the bird...can you?

And he got the bird too.

Sharing the rewards

Nice shootin' Dad!

Denis waiting anxiously

Dad and his dog

He count to 3, then let him have it.

The view from the fields

I wouldn't mind this view every morning..

Look out birds....they're coming for you!

Sunset

Bandit ready for day 2

Found one in the tree


1 comment:

jade said...

8 and 9 are really great! like very involved portraits. I like them. I also like 18... like the cover of a photo book... or cd or something... maybe some kind of medication commercial or something. Nice work as usual.