July 28, 2009

White Water Rafting on the Kennebec

Well this past weekend was very exciting, but really went by way too fast (as they always do). I joined a group of friends on a trip up to the Forks, Maine, population 35. We had quite a few laughs on our trip...I think we were laughing the entire trip, when we weren't sleeping or driving. I had to return to using some film for the rafting trip on the lake, so needless to say, I wasn't too happy with some of the photos because I couldn't control the shutter speed, ISO, f stop, etc. But alas, after the rafting, we hiked over to Moxie Falls, Maine's highest waterfall. So there I was able to grab some good shots. I did see a few bald eagles, and a moose, but as luck would have it, I didn't have my camera at the ready...eh well. You win some, you lose some. The first photo is from the company we went with, I thought it was a good group photo. (That's me in the front with the hippo tube...don't ask). As always, enjoy the photos!


Yup, that's me in front, with the rest of the Di Crew


I forgot when you hike down a hill, you have to hike back up...I was tired.


Moxie Falls



Victory Falls, this one was on the river, so thus the film image









Green is good.

2 comments:

Maine Rafting said...

awesome, I love maine rafting. Best place to have it imho! Maine Rafting is fun, exciting and will bring your family closer together! I've also launched a site on Maine Rafting: www.maine-rafting.info check it out!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.